Passing engineering in 2015 or at 2020 doesn't really matters when you want a software jobs. All you need is a degree in any engineering field or some company doesn't require at all. Now you have a degree in your hand and you want to get a software job right? Well, the degree you have is just a basic qualification you need to appear for all interviews. You can't get a software job over night, unless you put some effort.
- So now Pick 2-3 programming languages like c,c++,java,python according to your choice and start practicing coding(personelly i recommend python or java) then make a good profile on various job portals and start applying.
- Go for employability tests like Amcat and Elitmus. Make sure you are scoring good and can solve all type of problem. Consider you learn data structure and Daa(data analysis and algorithm) at utmost priority
- Start developing software project and make your skillset useful.
- Seek referrals. Put LinkedIn to a good use.
- Always make sure that you are updating your profile regularly. This will always keep your profile active on those job portals.
Just get started and start coding!!
Hope it helps!!