What skills does a Data Scientist possess?
Role of a Data Scientist is indeed a challenging one! Though the skill-sets and competencies that Data Scientists employ differ extensively, to be an efficient Data scientist, he should:
- Be very innovative and distinctive in his approach in applying various techniques intelligently to extract data and get useful insights in solving business problems and challenges.
- Have the ability to locate and construe rich data sources.
- Have a hands-on experience in Data mining techniques such as graph analysis, pattern detection, decision trees, clustering or statistical analysis.
- Develop operational models, systems and tools by applying experimental and iterative methods and techniques.
- Analyze data from a variety of sources and perspectives and find out hidden insights.
- Perform Data Conditioning – that is, converting data into a useful form by applying statistical, mathematical tools and predictive analysis.
- Research, analyze, execute, and present statistical methods to gain practical insights.
- Manage large amounts of data even during hardware, software and bandwidth limitations.
- Create visualizations that will help anyone understand the trends in data analysis with ease.
- Be a team leader and communicate effectively with other business analysts, product Managers and Engineers.