Computer hardware engineers oversee the manufacture, installation, and testing of computer systems, servers, chips, and circuit boards
Responsibilities can depend on the needs and requirements of employers, but some common duties include:
- Diagnose and troubleshoot failed rotational media and solid-state storage devices.
- Analyze user needs and recommend appropriate hardware.
- Modify hardware to enable forensic analysis of the media or to change the functionality of the hardware for other purposes.
- Participate in the design and development of electronic circuits and assemblies.
- Conduct technical exploitation and examination of high priority digital media.
- Test and peer review for technical accuracy, standards, and compliance to the design.
Computer Hardware Engineer Salary
The most highly compensated computer hardware engineers work in research and development.
- Median Annual Salary: $114,600 ($55.10/hour)
- Top 10% Annual Salary: More than $172,630 ($82.99/hour)
- Bottom 10% Annual Salary: Less than $66,700 ($32.07/hour)
Education: You'll need a bachelor's degree in computer engineering. Some employers will accept a degree in electrical engineering or computer science. Computer hardware engineers need a background in computer science
Thanks & Regards