He must be efficient enough to manage all internet applications inclusive to DNS, RADIUS, Apache, MySQL,PHP. Taking frequent back up of data, create new storage procedures and scheduled back up is one of the duties.
2. As a senior Linux administrator, he should be able to support and train other server administrators in the organization.
3. Reviewing of all the error logs and fixing it is another duty along with providing superior customer support for Webhosting, ISP and LAN Customers on troubleshooting escalated support troubles.
4. Communicating with the staff, vendors and customers in a courteous, professional manner at all times has to be one of his traits.
5. Every Linux administrator is responsible for installing the necessary procedures and security tools. He works with the Data Network Engineer and other personnel/departments to analyze hardware requirements and alternatives and make acquisition recommendations.
6. Linux administrator’s duty is to upgrade the softwares installed on to the server, including upgrading virus softwares and code upgrades.
For more details follow this blog.