Linux Fundamentals Certification Training
- 9k Enrolled Learners
- Self Paced
It’s a well known fact that Linux is one of the simplest operating systems with it’s hosting space being cheap and the database being an open source. Most people prefer Linux servers for hosting and other web application purposes.
But what sets Linux apart from other operating systems is that it once represented a $25 billion ecosystem in 2008. Since its inception in 1991, Linux has grown to become a force in computing, powering everything from the New York Stock Exchange to mobile phones to supercomputers to consumer devices.
As an open operating system, Linux is developed collaboratively without the sole responsibility of just one company being responsible for its development or ongoing support. Companies participating in the Linux economy share research and development costs with their partners and competitors. The idea of contributing to its development amongst individuals and companies has resulted in an efficient ecosystem and software innovation.
System Administration has become a solid criteria for an organization that requires a strong IT infrastructure. Hence, the need for efficient Linux administrators is the need of the hour. The job profile might change from each organization as there may be added responsibilities to the role. Here are some of the duties of a senior Linux administrator:
1. He must be efficient enough to manage all internet applications inclusive to DNS, RADIUS, Apache, MySQL,PHP. Taking frequent back up of data, create new storage procedures and scheduled back up is one of the duties.
2. As a senior Linux administrator, he should be able to support and train other server administrators in the organization.
3. Reviewing of all the error logs and fixing it is another duty along with providing superior customer support for Webhosting, ISP and LAN Customers on troubleshooting escalated support troubles.
4. Communicating with the staff, vendors and customers in a courteous, professional manner at all times has to be one of his traits.
5. Every Linux administrator is responsible for installing the necessary procedures and security tools. He works with the Data Network Engineer and other personnel/departments to analyze hardware requirements and alternatives and make acquisition recommendations.
6. Linux administrator’s duty is to upgrade the softwares installed on to the server, including upgrading virus softwares and code upgrades.
7. Ability to work with Linux-friendly applications and able to troubleshoot it when issue arises from the server.
8. Monitoring of servers is also one of his important duties.
Got a question for us? Please mention it in the comments section and we will get back to you.