We are deploying Tableau for a bank.
We had created 6 test dashboards using dummy data on a staging data base using sql connection and lets say has an ip 10.10.10.10.
Now we need to use the same view we had used with the dummy data on Live data but using a different connection which is again an sql engine & IP lets say as 188.8.131.52. All the variable names and other properties are the same, not difference is that the Live data would not have calculated fields which we can deploy on the Live environment.
The challenge is: the LIVE data being of a bank is highly confidential and cannot be used from outside operations site rather we need to deploy it from an ODC [restricted environment]. Hence we simply cannot do a replace data source.
Hence we are planning to move twbx files and data extracts for each of these views using a shared folder to the ODC.
Then the process would be like below:
- As the LIVE sql data base is different from the dummy sql we will get error
- We will select edit data connection
- Will select tableau data extract for each sheet and dashboard
- Will then select the option of replace data source and select LIVE SQL database
- Will extract the new data
- The visualization should work fine
Earlier we had just moved TWBX files hence it failed. Is there a different approach to it? Thanks in advance.