Selenium installation is a 3 step process:
- Install Java SDK
- Install Eclipse
- Install Selenium Driver Files
Step 1 - Install Java on your computer
Download and install the Java Software Development Kit (JDK)
Step 2 - Install Eclipse IDE
Download latest version of "Eclipse IDE for Java Developers" here.
Step 3 - Download the Selenium Java Client Driver
You can download the Selenium Java Client Driver here. You will find client drivers for other languages there, but only choose the one for Java.
Step 4 - Configure Eclipse IDE with WebDriver
- Launch the "eclipse.exe" file inside the "eclipse" folder that we extracted in step 2. If you followed step 2 correctly, the executable should be located on C:\eclipse\eclipse.exe.
- When asked to select for a workspace, just accept the default location
- Create a new project through File > New > Java Project. Name the project as "newproject".
- In this step,
- Right-click on the newly created project and
- Select New > Package, and name that package as "newpackage".
- 5. Create a new Java class under newpackage by right-clicking on it and then selecting- New > Class, and then name it as "MyClass". Your Eclipse IDE should look like the image below.