There are multiple reasons which can take place:
- Project Management has evolved over time and plays an integral part of the organization through involvement in the strategic and operational objectives.
- Projects drive an outcome or an initiative with a specific timeline and cost; with the influences of ‘PPT’ streams, i.e. People; Processes; Technology, at the ‘Internal’ or ‘External’ considerations.
- The challenge for project managers, be it today, tomorrow or any point of Time,
2. Another would say the biggest challenge would be to manage risk associated with AI.
- This is not saying that it is bad but that is probably the timeframe in which AI will see significant adoption in all areas and there are sure to be a lot of new unknowns that will become known creating new and interesting risks.
3. Another greatest challenge for a PM (now and in the future) is “continual personal knowledge growth.”
- -domain knowledge (above and beyond the technical PM domain)
- - agility in the face of change
- - leadership and influence
- - communication and collaboration
I hope this will be helpful to you.