- But it is more often used as a backend application
- Let us understand this definition via client server architecture:
- Frontend part deals with user interaction, A user can see only frontend part of application via web browsers.
- Accepting the request from frontend server, searching the data from database and sending back the response to client’s browser is done by backend application.
- So, now you might have developed conceptual understanding of Node.js, so next lets see the core concepts of Node.js.
Working of Node.js:
- Node.js works as a Single-threaded, Non-blocking and, in Asynchronous Manner.
- Lets see this with diagram:
- Node.js collects all these request in a single thread via events, so when the first event is being processed, it does not wait for the response but simply continues with the next request. This reduces the waiting time and cost.
To understand the core concepts of node.js have a look at this video:https://youtu.be/bOYFJrbSFsQ
Let us look after market popularity of Node.js :
- Companies like IBM, LinkedIn, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Groupon, Netflix, PayPal, SAP have adopted Node.js
Now let us see what are the job roles available after gaining the expertise of Node.js :
- Node.js Developer
- Application Developer
- Software Developer
- Full Stack Programmer
- Back-End Developer
The average salary of a Node.js Developer ranges from $76,648 per year for a Web Developer to $128,450 per year for Backend Developer - Job Search | Indeed
At present the companies which offer Node.js Developer Jobs are: Accenture, PayPal, Infosys, IBM and Adobe
To know more about Node JS, It's recommended to join Node JS Course today.
I hope this helps you :)