Security analysts design and implement security systems to protect a company or organization’s computer networks from cyber attacks, and help set and maintain security standards.
Roles and Responsibilities are listed below:
- Monitor computer networks for security issues.
- Investigate security breaches and other cyber-security incidents.
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
- Work with the security team to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Stay current on IT security trends and news.
- Develop company-wide best practices for IT security.
- Perform penetration testing.
- Help colleagues install security software and understand information security management.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.