A security Analyst is a person hired to protect a company or organization's data from cyber attacks.
These are some duties of a Security Analyst:
- planning and implementing security measures to protect computer systems, networks and data.
- Creating, testing and implementing network disaster recovery plans
- Analyze the network and look for unusual behaviour
- Performing risk assessments and testing of data processing systems
- Installing firewalls, data encryption and other security measures
- Recommending security enhancements and purchases
- Training staff on network and information security procedures