There are some of the key responsibilities as listed below:
- It continuously implements and monitors the Hadoop infrastructure used in the organization.
- Plan, devise and execute strategies with systems department for updating and maintaining hardware and software components for Hadoop administration
- Responsible for deploying a Hadoop cluster, maintaining a Hadoop cluster, adding and removing nodes using cluster monitoring tools.
- Implementing, managing and administering the overall Hadoop infrastructure.
- If working with open source Apache Distribution then Hadoop admins have to manually set up all the configurations- Core-Site, HDFS-Site, YARN-Site, and Map Red-Site.
- Configuring Security: This is one of the most crucial and required configurations to make your cluster enterprise ready and can be classified at the user and data level.
For more information, you can refer to this https://www.bitwiseglobal.com/blogs/empower-your-data-and-ensure-continuity-of-operations-with-hadoop-administration/