Hey Ishan, the difference between Webdriver and Remote Webdriver is as follows:
- WebDriver object represents the browser in Selenium. Using this object you can control the Web browser.
- It is an interface of the org.openqa.selenium.* package. Upon instantiating the implementations of this class the browser will be launched.
- FirefoxDrive, ChromeDriver, InternetExplorerDriver, SafariDriver, OperaDriver, HtmlUnitDriver, RemoteWebDriver are few implementations of the WebDriver Interface.
- This is the WebDriver object to control the desired browser in the node PC over the Grid using the Capability(settings) and Hostname or IP of the Selenium HUB running.
- Using the RemoteWebDriver object instantiation, you can control any browser in the node PC which is on Windows, Mac, Linux etc.. platforms. For eg:
//Capability(settings) to execute the Node with window 8 and firefox ver32
DesiredCapabilities capability = new DesiredCapabilities.firefox();
URL RegisteredUrl = new URL(“http://10.10.10.10:4444/wd/hub”);
WebDriver driver = new WebDriver(RegisteredUrl, capability);