Follow these steps to install ansible using cygwin:
- Download Cygwin
- Run the cygwin installation file
- Select download source as "Select from Internet"
- Set a root directory where you would like your application installed
- Select a directory where you would like to install your cygwin packages
- Select Direct connection if you're not using proxy.
- Select a mirror to download your packages
- Packages available for installation will be shown, select their default packages and select next
- The same for dependencies
- Double-click on cygwin64 terminal icon
- Execute these commands:
alias cyg-get="/cygdrive/d/path/to/cygwin/setup-x86_64.exe -q -P"
gcc-core gcc-g++ git libffi-devel nano openssl openssl-devel python-crypto python2 python2-devel python2-openssl python2-pip python2-setuptools tree
pip install ansible
And tada, you're ready to use ansible. Hope it helps:)