The rocksdb error you are coming across would not be a problem now as Fabric no longer has a dependency on rocksdb and uses leveldb instead. It is entirely likely that because the vagrant environment gets little use of late, that it is not current.
I would like to reccomend that you start setting up the pre-requisites for fabric which is as below:
- Operating Systems: Ubuntu Linux 14.04 / 16.04 LTS (both 64-bit), or Mac OS 10.12
- Docker Engine: Version 17.03 or higher
- Docker-Compose: Version 1.8 or higher
- Node: 8.9 or higher (note version 9 is not supported)
- npm: v5.x
- git: 2.9.x or higher
- Python: 2.7.x
- A code editor of your choice, we recommend VSCode.
Once you have these minimum requirements, you can follow Installing Development Environment guide to set up fabric on your machine.
However, if you want to build from source, note that Vagrant is no longer needed. The build should be capable of running natively on most platforms (Mac, Windows and Ubuntu). Occasionally, it has been observed that a fresh build (make all) from scratch may occasionally fail. If so, try running (make all) again.
Hope this helps