Its upon your interests that what you like to work with if you like Java then work on it and if you like python work on it. I recommend python for beginners. Python is easier to learn and is a good language to start learning computer science concepts like algorithms and data structures.
Why you should take python:
- If you are a very beginner and don’t know about programming much.
- If you just want to develop some games, PC software quickly, then python would be your first choice and not JAVA.
- If you don’t want to get into the complicated procedure of learning the whole structure, having big syntax, making big and complicated programming scripts, then choose python as it has a very clean and very well defined structure that's easy to learn, make and convert it into an executable.
- Python uses an interpreter which has its own pros and cons like an interpreter is a little bit slower, and very heavy in size, whereas it makes the developing procedure very much error-free and reduces the testing time.
- You want to quickly create your programs/scripts.
And if you want to explore a bit more, here you go https://www.edureka.co/blog/java-vs-python/
I hope this will help you.