I defined a table as a federated table which refers to a google sheet. It works perfectly well when I query it from the google bigquery web UI. However, if I try to query it using the Tableau Software BigQuery driver, I get the following error message: No suitable credentials found to access Google Drive. Contact the table owner for assistance.
A few facts about my setup:
- When I use the BigQuery driver in Tableau, I log in using the same user id that I use when I go into the BigQuery web UI.
- Queries from Tableau to a native BigQuery table work fine.
- I enabled the google drive api in my cloud account.
- The google sheet and google big query account are under the same google user.
- I have no problem saving a bigquery query as a google sheet under that account.
- I tried sharing the sheet "to anyone that has the URL" and it does not work.