Hi @hannah, its a good decision to migrate to AWS, it becomes way easier to manage traffic when they are deployed over the cloud. Follow these steps and let me know if you need more detailed explanation about these steps.
- Obviously, set up your AWS environment
- Replicate your database
- Download the SMS connector
- Configure SMS and Hypervisor permissions
- Install and configure SMS connector application(system)
- Import your VM inventory and create a replication job
- Launch an EC2 instance
- Change DNS records to connect the WordPress blog to your EC2 instance
Have a look at this for more details: https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/compute/how-to-migrate-multi-tier-environments-using-the-aws-server-migration-service/
Hope this helps!
Check out this AWS certification and become certified today.