Join operation will work always with two tables.There are some following joins to perform in hive, which are as follows:
- INNER JOIN – Select records that have matching values in both tables.
- LEFT JOIN (LEFT OUTER JOIN) – Returns all the values from the left table, plus the matched values from the right table, or NULL in case of no matching join predicate.
- RIGHT JOIN (RIGHT OUTER JOIN) A RIGHT JOIN returns all the values from the right table, plus the matched values from the left table, or NULL in case of no matching join predicate
- FULL JOIN (FULL OUTER JOIN) – Selects all records that match either left or right table records.
- LEFT SEMI JOIN: Only returns the records from the left-hand table.