Yes, it is possible to change the project name and organization ID in an existing Flutter project without recreating the entire project. Here are the steps to follow:
- Rename the project folder: You can rename the project folder from the file explorer or terminal by using the mv command. For example, if the current project name is "old_project_name", you can rename it to "new_project_name" by executing the following command in the terminal:
mv old_project_name new_project_name
- Update the pubspec.yaml file: Open the pubspec.yaml file and update the name and organization fields with the new values. For example:
name: new_project_name description: A new Flutter project version: 1.0.0 # Update the organization field organization: com.new_organization_id
- Update the AndroidManifest.xml file: Open the AndroidManifest.xml file located in the android/app/src/main directory and update the package name with the new organization ID. For example:
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" package="com.new_organization_id.new_project_name">
- Update the MainActivity.java file: Open the MainActivity.java file located in the android/app/src/main/java/com/example/new_project_name directory and update the package name with the new organization ID. For example:
- Update the AppDelegate.swift file: Open the AppDelegate.swift file located in the ios/Runner directory and update the bundle identifier with the new organization ID. For example:
Bundle.main.bundleIdentifier = "com.new_organization_id.new_project_name"
After following these steps, you should be able to run the project with the new name and organization ID.
To know more, join our Flutter App Development Course today.