I can't seem to link from a site to my database. I experience the following error:
Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server
I tried using the local IP address to connect as well as a public one. I've tried:
- Yes, the site can communicate with the server
- Named pipes/TCP is enabled.
- Remote connections are allowed.
- Windows Firewall is off
- Created an exception for port 1433 in Windows Firewall.
- Enabled everything in SQL Server Configuration Manager.
What else can I do here?