Okay, so let me talk about the pros and cons of clear out the selenium vs protractor topic here:
- Works great even if you are testing an Angular JS website, you only have to deal with page synchronization issues.
- Selenium supports automation very well. It has been in the market for quite sometime & it has evolved over the years, and its API is also stable.
- Selenium is also the defacto tool in the open source market for browser automation.
- You can write the selenium code in 6 popular proogramming languages.
- It is basically an automation testing tool for angular based web pages. But, when you look at its core, it's a wrapper for Webdriver JS. Hence it does not uncover any new vertical in browser automation.
- Yes, it has certain advantages in case of angular specific locator strategy. It provides more options to work with Angular directives (i.e angular specific locator strategy).
- This is a WebdriverJS, which is new in the market & depends completely on your project requirement and team's skills to use this tool.
Its not right to judge which of them is better at this point atleast.