Functional testing is used to verify whether each of the function of the software application is operating in according to the requirement specification. Functional testing also shows “What the system does” and the main aim is to check as if the system is working perfectly or not.
There are 5 steps in Functional Testing:
- Preparation of test data based on the specifications of functions
- Business requirements are the inputs to functional testing
- Find out of output of the functions based on functional specifications;
- The execution of test cases
- Observe the actual and expected outputs.
Hope this justifies your query.