Access Specifier:- This can be understood as the access you provide to your code in Java whether other classes can access your code or not.
E.g. public, private, protected and default.
Access Modifier:- Java provides both Access Specifier and Access Modifiers for creating access to your Java code for other classes. Here modifier is also used to do the same task but there are limitations.
- Class Modifier:
- abstract :- This defines the restriction such that objects cannot be created.
- final:- This restricts a class from being inherited.
- strictfp:- it is related to the checking of floating point values irrespective of OS.
- Variable Modifier:
- static:no object creation required
- final: cannot be reassigned
- transient: it is not serialized
- volatile: the values are liable for change
Hope you got the difference now.