In order to embed an excel document on our internal website, I have been trying the Excel online shared link. However, this approach is impractical because the private nature of the data prevents us from creating a public link.
I wanted to know if there was another way to embed an excel document. I can also say that we require an add-in for an excel document. In my test, my add-in didn't appear in the embedded version of the document, thus I may have made a mistake. I also observed a significant reduction in functionality. I could input some data even with read-write access, but I was unable to delete any of it, which wasn't very helpful in our situation.
Our goal is to be able to :
- embed excel document into an application.
- feed external data into the excel document when opened or on user input (done by an add-in)
- user interaction (read-write-delete according to defined locks and column visibility)
- save the relevant data to storage (done by an add-in)
- save the document to OneDrive and/or to a specific location.
I am wondering if there are any solutions (now or in progress) that would allow us to have most of the functionality of excel online while being managed by an application.