Update the DNS
This method has gained a lot of popularity which suggests that the user should update the DNS server to that of Google as they are more reliable.
Look Up IP and add to Hosts File
This method may work or may not, since it still requires the use of DNS servers to query the IP but it can provide a bit more insights into the issue – if you are still able to access other websites, then try opening the following link
Reset Network Configurations
It is possible that your computer hasn’t been properly configured to use the right combination of the Network configurations due to which the error is being sprung up while trying to browse the internet with Google Chrome. Therefore, in this step, we will be resetting the network configurations completely. For that:
- Press “Windows” + “R” to launch the run prompt and type in “cmd”.
- Press the “Ctrl” + “shift” + “Enter” keys simultaneously to provide the administrative permissions and start the command prompt.
Restart the DNS Service
It is possible that the DNS service might’ve gotten glitched out when you tried to surf the internet on the Chrome browser and due to this, the error message was received on the screen. Therefore, in this step, we will be restarting the DNS service and then check to see if doing so fixes the issue. For that:
- Press the “Windows” + “R” button on your keyboard to open the Run prompt.
- Type in “services.msc” and press “Enter” to launch the service management window.
Sometimes the issue might not actually lie within your network configurations and it might instead be coming from the browser itself.
Configuring to Open New Page
In some situations, a harmful browser extension or some other page might’ve configured your browser to open a specific set of pages at its startup due to which this particular issue might come to light. Therefore, in this step, we will be configuring Chrome to just open a new tab page at startup. For that:
- Click on the “Three Dots” at the top right corner and then select “Settings”.
- In the Chrome settings, click on the “Appearance” option from the left pane.
- In the appearance settings, click on the “Open the New Tab Page” option under the “On Startup” heading.
- Closeout of Chrome and restart it.
Delete the Files from ETC Folder
For some people, the error is caused due to some extra files being present in the most important folder of the Windows Operating System.
Upgrade Network Adapter and Install Missing Drivers
It is possible that you are becoming the victim of a missing or outdated network driver due to which this issue is being triggered on your computer.
Change DNS Server Settings
A wrong configuration of DNS server settings can also lead to the non-accessibility of the internet.
Hope this is helpful!
Join Masters in Cyber security course to learn more.