Very briefly I will put down for you:
- The role of a portfolio manager which revolves around managing one or more portfolios and working with different financial algorithms.
- Portfolio Managers often develop management standards to guide the portfolio and they keep a high-level view of everything within the portfolio.
- Collecting key project and organizational information, identifying the company’s strategic goals, determine if these support those strategic objectives.
- Analyze the current strengths and weaknesses of Project Portfolio, project milestones, potential ROI, reporting schedule, and resource allocation.
- In the management aspect of the process, you also need to view the project portfolio and make necessary decisions about the allocation/reallocation of budgets, resources, prioritization.
Whereas the Program management is “A group of related projects, subprograms, and program activities that are managed in a coordinated way to obtain benefits not available from managing them individually.” It takes over the governance, the financial, and the management infrastructure side of a program and helps establish “fit for purpose” procedures to deliver successfully.
You can check out PMP® Certification Exam Training by Edureka. We provide structured training where you will be guided by PMP® Certified Trainers, who have years of experience in training.
For some tips and tricks to prepare better, you can refer my blog on PMP® Exam Prep.