Hey Richa, Selenium is different from QTP in following aspects:
- Browser Compatibility: Selenium supports almost all the popular browsers like Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Opera etc. While QTP supports only Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome.
- Platform Compatibility: Selenium is supported on Windows, MacOS, Linux etc, while QTP supports only WIndows OS.
- Distribution: Selenium is distributed as an open source tool and is freely available. On the other hand, QTP is distributed as a licensed tool and is commercialized.
- Language Support: Selenium supports multiple programming languages like Java, C#, Ruby, Python, Perl etc. While QTP works only with VB Script.
- Target Testing Applications: Selenium supports only web-applications testing, while QTP supports web as well as windows applications testing.