from shutil import copyfile copyfile(src, dst)
- Copy the contents of the file named src to a file named dst.
- The destination location must be writable; otherwise, an IOError exception will be raised.
- If dst already exists, it will be replaced.
- Special files such as character or block devices and pipes cannot be copied with this function.
- With copy, src and dst are path names given as strings.
If you use os.path operations, use copy rather than copyfile. copyfile will only accept strings.