You can follow these steps to install Blue Prism Licence on windows:
- After installing Blue Prism software, you will get a Blue Prism shortcut on your desktop. Double click on the shortcut.
- You will see a Sign In to Blue Prism prompt up. Here, configure the connection to database and install the license.
- When you open the Blue Prism software for the first time it will show an error message: “You must specify a database connection before Blue Prism can function”. Click Ok and then configure.
- To configure the database connection, click on the configure button on the right side of the connection option.
- Give appropriate Connection Name and select SQL Server (Windows Authentication) for the Connection Type. Next specify the Database Server, it is localhost \SQLEXPRESS in case of on-premises. Also give a Database Name.
- Now, when you click on the Test Connection button an error message is displayed which says, “Database ‘BluePrismTraining’ does not exist”.
- So to resolve the error, you need to first create a database. For that, make sure that you click on OK and not on Cancel.
- Now, click on File and select Create Database option. A new window will open where you can see the Connection name and the Database name you entered in configure window. Just click on the OK button. You will see a pop-up saying "Database Created".
- Now again click on configure and then on Test Connection to check database is valid. Once checked, click on Ok and you will be guided back to the “Sign in to Blue Prism” page.
- Next, enter the username and password. The default username and password is admin. Click on Sign In.
- After updating the password, installed Blue prism software will open. Finally, click on System tab to install the licence.
- Click on the Install New License option and it will open a dialog prompt. Navigate to the license file, select it and click on the open button.
And that's it. You will get a notification saying “Success – License key successfully updated”. Now all the features of Blue Prism will be unlocked for use.