Hey Jagan, Feature file is a file consisting conditions and parameters which are required for the execution of Cucumber test code. The following are the components contained by the feature file -
- Feature: Describes the current test script which has to be executed.
- Scenario: Shows the steps and expected outcome for a particular test case.
- Scenario Outline: Same scenario can be executed for multiple sets of data using scenario outline.
- Given: Specifies the context of the text to be executed. By using datatables "Given", step can also be parameterized.
- When: "When" specifies the test action that has to performed
- Then: The expected outcome of the test can be represented by "Then"