Clustering is a type of unsupervised learning mechanism. It basically analyzes the points and clusters them based on similarities and dissimilarities.
Applications of Clustering in different fields
1. Marketing : It can be used to characterize & discover customer segments for marketing purposes.
2. Biology : It can be used for classification among different species of plants and animals.
3. Libraries : It is used in clustering different books on the basis of topics and information.
4. Insurance : It is used to acknowledge the customers, their policies and identifying the frauds.
5. City Planning : It is used to make groups of houses and to study their values based on their geographical locations and other factors present.
6. Earthquake studies : By learning the earthquake affected areas we can determine the dangerous zones.
Hope this helps!
If you need to know more about Machine Learning, it's recommended to join Machine Learning Training today.