Clustering is a type of unsupervised learning mechanism. It basically analyzes the points and clusters them based on similarities and dissimilarities.
Applications of Clustering in different fields
1. Marketing : It can be used to characterize & discover customer segments for marketing purposes.
2. Biology : It can be used for classification among different species of plants and animals.
3. Libraries : It is used in clustering different books on the basis of topics and information.
4. Insurance : It is used to acknowledge the customers, their policies and identifying the frauds.
5. City Planning : It is used to make groups of houses and to study their values based on their geographical locations and other factors present.
6. Earthquake studies : By learning the earthquake affected areas we can determine the dangerous zones.