MetaMask is a browser plugin, you install it on the browser and not on the Operating System. MetaMask can be installed only on Google Chrome, Firefox, and Brave browser as of now. To install MetaMask, follow these steps (below is the steps for Google Chrome, it is applicable for Firefox and Brave browser too):
- First go to the following link: https://metamask.io/
- Click on “GET CHROME EXTENSION” button. This will open a new tab
- Click on the “Add to Chrome” button and then “Add Extension“.
- Now, on the Top-right corner of your browser, you can see the MetaMask icon.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions.
MetaMask is installed.