The features of a good test framework can be listed as follows:-
- Flexible in the programming language supported.
- Support a wide range of keywords and actions.
- Provision data sources for input, this makes taking input from different source easy.
- Should allow multiple creation and manipulation of test cases.
- Define priority for test case
- Should provide both Manual and automated execution
- Keep track of test results.
- Report creation and the readability.
- CI tool integration eg. Jenkins
- Cross-browser and cross-platform support is mandatory for the coverage of multiple platforms.
These are the few important behaviour of a good testing framework.