Gaining ethical hacking skills without incurring any costs can be achieved through various online platforms and resources. Here are some recommended free resources to learn ethical hacking:
1. Edureka: Provides a free 10-hour video tutorial covering a range of ethical hacking concepts, from Kali Linux to networking fundamentals.
2. Coursera: While not exclusively focused on ethical hacking, offers a free Cryptography course which is a critical foundation for anyone interested in hacking.
3. Cisco Networking Academy: Provides a free Ethical Hacker course available on Skills for All platform, as part of their initiative to bridge the cybersecurity skills gap.
4. Great Learning: Features free ethical hacking courses with varying levels and duration, including a 3-hour "Introduction to Ethical Hacking" course.
5. Guru99: Offers a comprehensive tutorial covering social engineering hacks and prevention, hacking Linux OS, cracking application passwords, and understanding worms and viruses.
6. FreeCode Camp: Hosts a free 15-hour penetration testing course covering network penetration testing, among other topics.
7. HackThisSite.org: A platform with hacking challenges, tutorials, and a community for interactive learning and practice.
8. Hacker101 (by HackerOne): Features dozens of tutorials arranged in video playlists covering web security, penetration testing, and mobile hacking, along with a 24/7 Capture The Flag game for practical application.
These platforms provide a mix of tutorials, practical exercises, and community support to help individuals acquire ethical hacking skills. They range from beginner to more advanced levels, catering to varying skill levels. The resources also cover a broad spectrum of topics within ethical hacking, allowing learners to get a holistic view and practical experience in the field.