I want to build an IOT (Internet of things) device using the Bluetooth Smart protocol / GATT. I'm a bit confused how I'd make this conform with the BLE specs. All the profiles listed seem to focus on health-stuff and I'm having trouble making the conceptual leap to other applications.
Assume this device is a coffee maker, and I want to :
- Get an alert when the water / coffee needs a refill
- Set a timer for when to make coffee
- Recognize my coffee preference vs my wife's
- Send arbitrary text to be displayed on the LED
- What are the appropriate Characteristics, Services, and Profiles I should use?
- Do I need to register these profiles, or UIDs anywhere (e.g. Bluetooth.org)
- Where do I enable security?
- Where do I send my custom text? In a custom structure?