On my GoDaddy Hosting account, I'm attempting to use.htaccess and PHP in conjunction to instantly generate subdomains. When attempting to change the zone using the wildcard asterisk, I've encountered an issue. I have no idea how this works and only discovered the zone information about the domain after thoroughly perusing the domain manager. I'm unsure of my current course of action. Although I'm getting a little more comfortable with.htaccess, writing RegEx is still really difficult for me.
As of right now, I've done the following:
- Logged into GoDaddy Domain Manager.
- Went to Tools > DNS Manager.
- Opened the Zone File Editor for my domain.
- Added an A (Host) Record with Host Name * and in Points to I,P Address I copied the value from the @ entry's IP address, sine that should be the same as my domain...?
- Now, after waiting until the nameservers or whatever updated and propogated and stuff, I get a 403 error when I try to access a subdomain.
Can someone please help me with this?