I'm new to CakePHP and PHP. While using CakePHP to wire my database, I keep running into issues.
I'm using the Bitnami 5.4.40-0 WAMP stack. I am building a web MVC application with CakePHP 3.0.4. My application configuration is shown below.
Entry for data sources in my app.php file.
* Connection information used by the ORM to connect
* to your application's datastores.
* Drivers include Mysql Postgres Sqlite Sqlserver
* See vendor\cakephp\cakephp\src\Database\Driver for complete list
'Datasources' => [
'default' => [
'className' => 'Cake\Database\Connection',
'driver' => 'Cake\Database\Driver\Mysql',
'persistent' => false,
'host' => 'localhost',
* CakePHP will use the default DB port based on the driver selected
* MySQL on MAMP uses port 8889, MAMP users will want to uncomment
* the following line and set the port accordingly
//'port' => 'nonstandard_port_number',
'username' => 'test2',
'password' => 'computer',
'database' => 'jobs',
'encoding' => 'utf8',
'timezone' => 'UTC',
'cacheMetadata' => true,
* Set identifier quoting to true if you are using reserved words or
* special characters in your table or column names. Enabling this
* setting will result in queries built using the Query Builder having
* identifiers quoted when creating SQL. It should be noted that this
* decreases performance because each query needs to be traversed and
* manipulated before being executed.
'quoteIdentifiers' => false,
* During development, if using MySQL < 5.6, uncommenting the
* following line could boost the speed at which schema metadata is
* fetched from the database. It can also be set directly with the
* mysql configuration directive 'innodb_stats_on_metadata = 0'
* which is the recommended value in production environments
//'init' => ['SET GLOBAL innodb_stats_on_metadata = 0'],
In accordance with CakePHP guidelines, I have previously built a database table called jobs. The root administrator and user test2 both have the same global privileges. But I'm receiving the following problem when I use the bake all command:
2015-07-01 06:24:56 Error: [PDOException] SQLSTATE[HY000]  Access denied for user 'test2'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
C:\Bitnami\wampstack-5.4.40-0\apache2\htdocs\myjobs\vendor\cakephp\cakephp\src\Database\Driver\PDODriverTrait.php(48): PDO->__construct('mysql:host=127....', 'test2', 'computer', Array)
C:\Bitnami\wampstack-5.4.40-0\apache2\htdocs\myjobs\vendor\cakephp\cakephp\src\Database\Driver\Mysql.php(89): Cake\Database\Driver\Mysql->_connect('mysql:host=127....', Array)
Can someone please help me with this?