Installing ChromeDriver on macOS
Installing on macOS:
Listed in order of easiest to hardest install, these are the best ways to install ChromeDriver on a Mac:
- The easiest way to install ChromeDriver is to use your package manager such as brew or npm to install the driver.
- In your terminal window with the Homebrew package manager:
- Install ChromeDriver with brew cask install chromedriver
- Confirm it was installed using chromedriver --version and seeing it returns a version. If it errors it wasn’t installed
- Other package managers like npm have similar commands npm install chromedriver
- Run Chrome & ChromeDriver in a container using Docker. Simply download the combined container, start it and point your code at the right address.
- Specify it in your Selenium setup code and check it into source control like any other configuration detail. If you go this route, you can include additional drivers like GeckoDriver (aka Firefox) as well.
- Download the driver and add its location to your System PATH.
Which methods have you found the easiest or most success with? Which methods didn’t work for you? Please leave a comment below.