Who Uses R
Some of the major domains using R include Telecom, Pharmaceuticals, Financial Services, Life Sciences and Education sector.
Question: What are the major areas of mathematics that are used in data science?
Mostly the statistical part of mathematics comes into play when working on this platform. Concepts like mean, median and mode are used to begin with. A basic knowledge of statistics from a 10th grade level would be required.
Some of the top companies using R are ANZ, Google, Firefox, BOA, LinkedIn, Flipkart and Amazon.
Features of R
- R is an open and free tool designed by statisticians for statisticians.
- With over 5000 packages available, R has multiple ways of doing the same thing.
- It by default stores memory in RAM.
- R has the most advanced graphics where programming skills are required.
- R has GUI to make learning easier.
- Customization needs command line.
- R can connect to many databases and data types.
R is also an important platform in order to study social media. Through this platform, one can pull data from Twitter, Facebook or any social media included in the package.
Think of package as a customized function, say tweet R in R environment. If the user wants to include the package in his session, a command is run as such:
Get fetch Narendra Modi no. of tweets.
-which will in turn fetch the tweets from Mr. Narendra Modi’s account.
The unique advantage of R includes customized graph visualization with over 5000 packages.
Also, R can be connected to many databases, which can include RDBMS, SAS and many more.
R along with its feature to pull data from any source also assists its users through help section in its site, blog from users in its community and stack overflow.
Got a question for us? Mention them in the comments section and we will get back to you.