The Agile Way With PMI-ACP®
This webinar video focuses on Agile and how PMI-ACP can mould your career. This video ponders over the importance of a PMI-ACP certification and how edureka can play a crucial role in helping yoy acquire the certification.
Contents of the Webinar
- Agile Manifesto and Principles
- About PMI-ACP Exam
- How will PMI-ACP certification help you?
- Eligibility requirements
- Application process
- How can Edureka help you?
In the year 2001, 17 people got together for a research in the US to discuss the streamlining of software development process, and they did not agree on many things. But they agreed on four princples, and this is known as the agile manifesto
1. Individuals and interactions over processes and tools.
2. Working software over comprehensive documentation.
3. Customer Collaboration over contract negotiation.
4. Responding to change over following a plan
The fundamental of the Classic Waterfall model is that it tries to eliminate any uncertainity by planning upfront. On the other hand, iterative development embraces uncertainty with short iterations.
- The PMI-ACP exam is based on 12 recommended books from PMI known as Reference Materials.
- After you take the exam, and if you pass it, you’ll be a certified PMI Agile Certified Practitioner. The certification is valid only for three years.
- If you want to continue to hold the PMI-ACP certification, at the end of the three year certification cycle, one needs 30 PDUs (Professional Development Unit)
- One PDU corresponds to one hour of professional development activity.
How is PMI-ACP Certification going to help?
A certified agile practitioner will be able to:
- Understand the various aspects of implementing Agile in the organization
- Give structure to Agile body of knowledge to meet their needs
- Handle Agile projects more efficiently
- Build on the confidence of customers
- More rigor
PMI-ACP Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for PMI-ACP would be a secondary degree along with an experience of working on a project for 12 months. They should also have an Agile Project Experience with eight months of working in project teams.
Got a question for us? Please mention them in the comments section and we will get back to you.