The above video is the recorded session of the webinar conducted on 20th September’14. The topic of the webinar was “Introduction to PMI-ACP®”.
Topics Covered in the Webinar:
- Why PMI-ACP®?
- Job roles of a PMI-ACP® Credential Holder
- PMI-ACP® Vs PMP®
- Exam and Certification Process of PMI®
- How will the certification help?
- PMI-ACP® – Salary Trends
- Project Examples
What is PMI-ACP®?
PMI-ACP® or ‘Project Management Institute – Agile Certified Practitioner’ is a certification awarded to validate your knowledge on Agile principles, practices, tools and techniques across Agile methodologies. Agile Methodology is a general Project Management approach practiced and applied by Project Managers to virtually every project in a variety of organizations and industries. In response to the growing relevance of Agile Methodologies in the industry, Project Management Institute® has come up with this certification exam.
Who Should Apply for it?
Prerequisites for PMI-ACP® Certification:
- General Project Experience – One should have 2,000 hours of experience working on project teams, earned within last 5 years. An Active PMP® or PgMP® will satisfy this requirement.
- Agile Project Experience – 1,500 hours working on projects with Agile Methodologies. These hours are exclusive of the 2,000 hours of general project experience.
- Training in Agile Practices – 21 contact hours earned in Agile practices
- Examination – To test the knowledge on Agile fundamentals
Why Should You Apply?
You should apply for the certification for the following reasons:
- If you are already applying Agile practices in your projects.
- If your organization is planning to adopt Agile methodology in its project management approach.
- To become a versatile Project Manager.
- To be able to quickly adapt to growing business needs.
- To apply more value-driven and insightful approach to your projects.
- To advance your career as a Project Manager
PMI-ACP® is a registered mark of Project Management Institute, Inc. Edureka is a Global PMI® REP: ID 4021
Got a question for us? Mention them in the comments section and we will get back to you.
How Valuable is PMI-ACP® to your Career?
Agile Methodology and Importance of PMI-ACP®
Start your training in PMI-ACP® today!