The above video is the recorded session of the webinar conducted on 9th September’14. The topic of the webinar was “Introduction to Machine Learning with Mahout”.
What is Mahout?
- Apache Mahout, a project developed by Apache Software Foundation is meant for Machine Learning.
- It enables machines learn without being overtly programmed.
- It produces scalable machine learning algorithms, extracts recommendations and relationships from data sets in a simplified way.
- Apache Mahout is an open-source project, which is free to use under the Apache license.
- It runs on Hadoop, using the MapReduce paradigm.
- With its data Science tools, Mahout enables:
- Collaborative Filtering
- Frequent item-set mining
Why should you learn Apache Mahout?
- Turns big data into useful information in a faster and easier way leveraging your business capabilities
- Runs on Hadoop, making it easier to work on for those who know Hadoop
- Being integrated with Hadoop/HDFS, Mahout implements distributed memory algorithms that can be applied to data sets much larger than any other technique can handle.
- One of the hot machine learning projects that are being widely used by organizations worldwide
- There is a steep shortage of skilled Mahout professionals in the industry, even though the technology is in use from past few years.
- Jobs in Mahout have been showing an increasing trend from quite a long time.
Topics Covered in the Webinar
- Learn Machine Learning with Mahout and why Mahout?
- Understand clustering and K-means Clustering
- Understand Mahout and Hadoop
- Learn about Mahout Job Trends
- Learn Classification on Twitter Data
Got a question for us? Mention them in the comments section and we will get back to you.
Head-start with Mahout