Hadoop for Java Professionals
The above video is the recorded session of the webinar on the topic “Hadoop for Java Professionals”, which was conducted on 14th May’14
Handling Big Data across a Reliable & Scalable Platform is what organizations worldwide look for. Among the many platforms, Hadoop is a preferred choice when it comes to Big Data & Analytics in the changing global scenario.
So what’s in it for JAVA Professionals?
Of course! Hadoop is the preferred platform for Java Professionals since the concepts learnt in Java can be used while learning the Hadoop Framework!
So how does JAVA help for Hadoop Learning?
• Hadoop is based on JAVA Framework which makes it easy to learn.
• JAVA+Hadoop is the number one combination for Hadoop Jobs across the world.
• Important Hadoop concepts like MapReduce Programming/ User Defined Functions/ Client Applications in HBase is based on Java!
- Big Data and Hadoop
- Why Hadoop?
- Job Trends: Hadoop and Java
- Hadoop Ecosystem
- MapReduce Programming and Java
- User Defined Functions (UDF) in Pig and Hive
- HBase and Java
According to Helena Schwenk, analyst at MWD Advisors, quoted to SearchSOA.com that a well-rounded Hadoop implementation team’s skills should include experience in large-scale distributed systems and knowledge of languages of Java among others. It is now possible to venture in to the thriving world of Hadoop and Big Data, with the knowledge in Java.
Got a question for us? Write to us at the Comments section and we will answer them.