“Devops is not a goal, but a never-ending process of continual improvement.”
– Jez Humble
Before you proceed any further and I give you the complete list of Top 10 DevOps tools of 2018, you must know What DevOps actually is? Well, if you are considering DevOps as a tool then, you are wrong! DevOps is not a tool or a software, it’s a culture that you can adopt for continuous improvement. It will help you to bring your Developer Team and Operations Team on the same page, allowing them to work together with ease.
Top 10 DevOps Tools For 2018:
To keep yourself updated with the most in-demand & industry-wide used DevOps tools, you can check our DevOps certification Training.
10. GIT: Don’t Worry Keep Updating
GIT is a version control system which allows you to track changes in your file and, by using it you can easily coordinate the work among your team
• Free-Open Source Tool
• Feature Branch Workflow
• Allows Distributed Development
• Supports Pull Request
• Enables Faster Release Cycle
Companies Already Using GIT:
Download: Click here to download GIT
Wanna Learn More about GIT?
09. JENKINS: A Tool from Developers for Developers
Jenkins is a continuous integration server written in Java. You can use it for testing and reporting changes in near real time. Being a developer, it will help you to find and solve bugs in your code rapidly and automate the testing of their build.
• Free Open-Source Tool
• Integrate all your DevOps stages with the help of around 1000 plugins
• Script your pipeline having one or more build jobs into a single workflow
• Easily start your Jenkins with its WAR file
• Provides multiple ways of communication: web-based GUI, CLI and REST Api
Companies Already Using Jenkins:
Click here to download Jenkins
Wanna Learn More about JENKINS?
08. SELENIUM: Automation Doesn’t Kill Bugs, People DO
Well, Selenium is a portable software testing framework for web applications. It provides you with an easy interface for developing automated tests.
• Free Open-Source Tool
• Create robust, browser-based regression automation suites and tests
• Supports Multiplatform for testing like ios and Android
• Easy to build a keyword driven framework for a WebDriver
Company Already Using SELENIUM:
Click here to Download Selenium
Click For More Information On Selenium
07. DOCKER: Build, Ship & Run Your Software Anywhere
A lightweight tool which uses container to package up an application with all the requirements and dependencies before shipping the complete container as one package
• Use Docker container with any language
• Ship the container wherever you want, be it QA, your team or even the cloud
• Scale up to 1000’s node
• Update with zero downtime
Companies Already Using Docker:
Click here to Download Docker
Click to Learn More about Docker
06. Puppet: Deploy, Configure and Manage Your Servers
An open-source configuration management tool, use to automate the method of inspecting, delivering and operating your software across the entire lifecycle with platform independency.
• Based on master-slave architecture
• Open-source tool
• Long commercial track record
Companies Already Using Puppet:
Click here to Download Puppet
Click to Read more about Puppet
05. Chef: Manage your data, attributes, roles, environments, and cookbooks
Chef is a powerful configuration management automation tool using which you can transform infrastructure into code.
• Another open-source configuration management tool
• Supports multiple platforms like AIX, RHEL/CentOS, FreeBSD
• Easy to integrate with cloud-based platforms
• Active, smart and fast-growing community support
Companies Already Using Chef:
Click here to download Chef
Click to Read more about Chef
04. Ansible: Manage your data, attributes, roles, environments, and cookbooks
Ansible is an open-source tool which provides one of the simplest ways to automate your apps and IT infrastructures such as network configuration, cloud deployments, and creation of development environments.
• Open source configuration management tool
• Supports push configuration
• Based on master-slave architecture
• Completely agentless and uses simple syntax written YAML
Companies Already Using Ansible:
Click here to download Ansible
Click here to learn more about Ansible
03. Nagios: Keep a Track of Your Logs
Nagios is a powerful monitoring system which enables you and your organization to identify and resolve IT infrastructure problems before they affect critical business processes.
• Monitors and troubleshoot server performance issues
• Plan infrastructure upgrades before outdated systems cause failures
• Automatically fix problems when detected
Companies Already using Nagios:
Click here to download Nagios
Click to Read more about Nagios
02. ELK Stack: Don’t Miss Out Important Insights from Your Logs
ELK is a combination of three powerful, opensource tool: Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana used to collect insights out of your logs or data.
• Open Source tool with multiple plugins
• Lightweight tool, easy to deploy
• Perform search in near-real time
• Collects and Analyse logs from an excel file to a database or server
• Active and Supportive discussion forum
Companies already using ELK:
Download: Click here to download Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana
Click here to learn more about ELK
01. Splunk: Keep a Track of Your Logs
Splunk is a software platform to search, analyze and visualize the machine-generated data or logs gathered from the websites, applications, sensors, devices etc. which make up your IT infrastructure and business.
• Store, search, analyze and visualize the machine-generated data
• Ingest data in multiple file format
• Create knowledge objects for operational intelligence
• Monitors business metrics to get log insights
Companies Already using Splunk:
Click here to download Splunk
Wanna Learn More About Splunk?
I hope my blog on “Top 10 DevOps Tools” was relevant for you. If you need more information on the DevOps you can browse other free and exciting content from edureka from the above links mentioned on the blog.