Hadoop has become synonymous with Big Data and there is a huge demand for professionals skilled in Hadoop. Professionals from various backgrounds are transitioning to Hadoop and Java professionals are one such segment of people. Let’s look at the reasons why it is imperative for Java professionals to learn Hadoop.
Hadoop is Red Hot:
- Hadoop allows distributed processing of large datasets across clusters of computer using simple programming model.
- Hadoop has become the de facto standard for storing, processing and analyzing hundreds of Terabytes and Petabytes of data.
- Hadoop is much more affordable to use than other traditional proprietary technologies like Oracle, IBM, etc and can run on low cost commodity hardware.
- Hadoop can handle all types of data from disparate systems such as server logs, emails, sensor data, pictures, videos, etc.
Hadoop is a Natural Career Progression for Java Professionals:
Let’s look at some reasons why Hadoop is a natural career progression for Java professionals:
- Hadoop is a Java based framework written entirely in Java
- The combination of Hadoop and Java skills is the most in-demand skill among Hadoop jobs.
- MapReduce programming in Hadoop is done in Java
- User Defined Functions (UDFs) in Pig and Hive Scripts use Java
- Client application in HBase utilizes Java
Zooming Job trend for Hadoop:
From the job trends graph, it is pretty obvious that the Hadoop job trend is superlative when compared to Java. This doesn’t mean that there is a downfall in Java based job trend. Comparing the supply and demand for Java skill with Hadoop skills, Hadoop has a huge supply-demand gap. There is urgent demand for professionals with Hadoop skills.
The demand for Java experts with knowledge in Hadoop is too big to be ignored. This is clearly seen in the below Hadoop- Java job trend graph.
Numerous Big Data Job Titles to Choose From:
- Hadoop Developer
- Hadoop Architect
- Hadoop Engineer
- Hadoop Application Developer
- Data Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Business Intelligence Architect
- Big Data Engineer
Got a question for us? Mention them in the comments section and we will get back to you.