Why R for Marketing Professionals?
Recommended by 24 users
Are you a hardcore marketer? Or are you a marketing professional on the way to become one?
Then it is necessary to master statistics and analytical skills-the heart of marketing!
Statistics and analytical data are vital factors in determining the direction of an organization’s marketing flow. It relates to product development, market development and promotional plans and also provides a clear picture of the customer’s standpoint. Stats and analytics ensure that the organizations need not guess their growth, but can actually visualize it through graphical representations.
Those organizations with the drive to be market leaders completely rely on the statistics and analytics report from their marketing team. So, a marketer should also be a statistician!
Big data has gained a lot of traction in the enterprises. The goal of these organizations is not just to collect, store and manage Big Data, but also to obtain new business insights through different statistics and analytics models. A marketing professional will now begin to think of ways to optimize his reports, stats, and analytics and provide valuable insights on the business.
Here is a way to do everything said above: Heard of R?
I am sure you would have come across the term but if you have doubts on why R for marketing professionals, read on to understand it.
Earlier, marketers had very specific and pointed questions to the audience to obtain deeper insights for better targeting. They also wanted to improvise on ROI measurement for their efforts. Therefore, what they required was a way to get a better picture of what was going on with their customers in real-time. Now, this required the ability to utilize the enormous amount of marketing campaign data in real-time analytic model. What could be the better choice to carry out this issue?
The marketing guys chose R statistical language to facilitate the process and achieved unprecedented marketing optimization results.
- Marketing Reports: All the marketing activity begins and ends with statistics. Marketers whose reports are based on statistics and analytics can benefit from R. The reason is simple; it contains built-in mechanisms for organizing data, running calculations for the data and creating graphical representations of those data sets.
- Charts and Graphs: Charts and graphs are essential for representing the analyzed data. R goes far beyond the traditional bar charts and line plots and makes it easy to draw the essence from multi-dimensional data with multi-panel charts, 3-D surfaces and more.
- R-Easy Programming Language: R scripts are easily automated. It is a programming language particularly for data analysis. This offers flexibility to mix-n-match models for better results.
- R-Community: When considering the present scenario of this open source project ‘R,’ the user large is so large that new R packages are generated at a great pace. Hence, there is immediate solutions for all issues.
- R is Global: R is a global phenomenon and has awesome features like flexibility and extensibility. It is one of those rare tool that constantly changes to meet the evolving needs of the global economy.
So, all marketers out there, get started with R and witness a world of difference!
Got a question for us? Mention them in the comments section and we will get back to you.