Cloudera offers enterprise and express versions of its Cloudera Distribution, including Apache Hadoop. Cloudera’s view of the importance of qualified big data talent shines through the elements of its certification. It offers Cloudera Certified Hadoop Administrator (CCAH) Certification for professionals, who are responsible for configuring, deploying, maintaining, and securing Apache Hadoop clusters for production or other enterprise uses. Through this certification one can be expected to know the methods used by top Apache Hadoop Administrators.
To know about the general aspects of CCAH you can refer to this link.
CCAH Examination Pattern For CCAH & CCAH Upgrade Exam:
Exam Code: CCA-500
Number of Questions: 60
Duration: 90 minutes
Passing Score: 70%
Languages Available: English, Japanese (upcoming)
Exam Fee: USD $295
The exam pattern is set in such a way that it focuses on demonstrating the candidate’s technical knowledge, skill, and ability to configure, deploy, maintain and secure an Apache Hadoop cluster and the ecosystem projects that comprise the Enterprise Data Hub.
CCAH Upgrade Exam:
Exam Code: CCA-505
Number of Questions: 45
Duration: 90 minutes
Passing Score: 70%
Languages: English, Japanese (upcoming)
Price: USD $125
The pattern for CCAH and CDH5 remains the same for both. Also, note that the Hadoop ecosystem items are no longer treated separately as their own section but are integrated throughout the exam. Both CCA–500 and CCA–505 share the same proportion of items per section.
Let’s take a look at the exam pattern of CCA – 500;
HDFS – 17%
- Function of HDFS Daemons
- Normal operation of an Apache Hadoop cluster, in data storage as well as in data processing.
- Current features of computing systems that motivate a system like Apache Hadoop.
- Major goals of HDFS Design.
- Identify appropriate use case for HDFS Federation in a given scenario.
- Components and daemon of an HDFS HA-Quorum cluster.
- Analyze the role of HDFS security (Kerberos).
- Best data serialization choice for a given scenario.
- File read and write paths.
- Commands to manipulate files in the Hadoop file system shell.
YARN and MapReduce Version 2 – 17%
- Upgrading a cluster from Hadoop 1.0 to Hadoop 2.0.
- Deploy MRv2 / YARN with all YARN daemons.
- Design strategy for MRv2.
- How YARN handles resource allocations.
- Workflow of MapReduce job running on YARN
- Determine which files must be changed and how to migrate a cluster from MRv1 to MRv2 running on YARN.
Hadoop Cluster Planning – 16%
- Things to consider when choosing the hardware and operating systems for an Apache Hadoop cluster.
- Get insights on the choices for selecting an OS.
- Good knowledge kernel tuning and disk swapping.
- Establish a hardware configuration appropriate to a scenario.
- Identify the ecosystem components needed by the cluster to fulfil the SLA, in a given scenario.
- Find out the specifics for the workload, including CPU, memory, storage, disk I/O.
- Understand network usage in Hadoop and come up with a network design components for a given scenario.
Hadoop Cluster Installation and Administration – 25%
- How the cluster will handle disk and machine failures in a given scenario.
- Analyze logging configuration and its file format.
- Basics of Hadoop metrics and cluster wellness monitoring.
- Know the function and purpose of available tools for cluster monitoring.
- Install all the ecosystem components in CDH 5, like Impala, Flume, Oozie, Hue, Cloudera Manager, Sqoop, Hive, and Pig.
- Discern the function and purpose of available tools for managing the Apache Hadoop file system.
Resource Management – 10%
- Understand the overall design aspect and goals of each Hadoop scheduler.
- Know how the FIFO Scheduler allocates cluster resources.
- Determine how the Fair Scheduler allocates cluster resources under YARN.
- Determine how the Capacity Scheduler allocates cluster resources.
Monitoring and Logging – 15%
- Functions and features of Hadoop’s metric collection.
- Analyze the NameNode and JobTracker Web UIs.
- Monitor cluster Daemons.
- Identify and monitor CPU usage on master nodes.
- Know how to monitor swap and memory allocation on all nodes.
- View and manage Hadoop’s log files.
- Interpret a log file.
Note: The topics mentioned above are more of a guideline as to how to prepare for the examination. Cloudera recommends that a candidate thoroughly understand the objectives for each exam and utilize the resources and training courses recommended on these pages to gain a thorough understanding of the domain of knowledge related to the role the exam evaluates.
Practice Test Details
Cloudera Certification practice tests (paid) are designed to simulate the exam pattern of CCAH. It is recommended to take up this practice test prior to taking up the exam to evaluate your level of preparation.
Here’s what you should be expecting in this practice test:
- 60 questions resembling Cloudera Certification questions.
- Detailed explanations for correct/incorrect answers to understand the concepts.
- Practice tests are created by the same responsible for creating questions for Cloudera Certification exams.
- Study any time and anywhere through smartphones and tablets.
- Try a free Practice Test demo that includes 15 questions from CCAH.
You can check out the guidelines for the practice test here.
Other Study Guides for Taking up Cloudera Certified Administrator for Apache Hadoop (CCAH)
Are you all set to take up the Cloudera Certified Administrator for Apache Hadoop (CCAH) – CCA 500? Here’s where you can register for this examination.
Got a question for us? Please mention them in the comments section and we will get back to you.