In PMI-ACP® exam, there are altogether 120 questions. Out of these 120 questions only 100 questions are scorable. It’s not necessary that the first 20 would be non-scorable or last 20 would not be scorable. PMI® chooses these 20 questions randomly. Out of these only 100 questions are marked. There is no negative marking. The results are just pass or fail. Out of the three levels, it just gives you proficient, expert, or good. This is all it will give. The actual result would be just ‘pass’ or ‘fail’. You need to score 65% to pass the exam. You get 3 hours to complete those questions.
PMI-ACP Eligibility Requirements
Educational Background: You need to have a secondary degree (high school diploma), associate’s degree or global equivalent.
General Project Experience: You need to have 2,000 hours (12 months) of general project experience in working on project teams. It is not necessary for those 2,000 hours to be in Agile, or in IT, or any particular domain. If you are a non-IT person, or from any professional background with 12 months of project experience earned within the last 5 years you can apply for this certification.
Agile Project Experience: You should have a minimum of 1,500 hours (8 months) of working experience on project teams using Agile Methodology. This experience must have been earned within the last 3 years. This experience is required in addition with the 2,000 hours of general project experience.
Training in Agile Practices: 21 contact hours of training program from a registered education provider like Edureka is mandatory. Edureka provides you 3 practice tests, and there are quizzes in between each module. As you are done with the Agile Framework or Agile modules, there would be a quiz. Then, when you are done with your Agile Estimation, there would be another quiz and likewise. In the end, there would be 3 mock tests, which would have 120 questions each. You can have access to all the training material and mock tests for lifetime.
The mock tests are designed to develop your reading skills also. One of the basic reasons why people flunk in Agile apart from lack of clarity on concept is they do not read and understand the question clearly. The questions in the mock tests are created in such a way that you develop the habit of reading questions carefully by the time you take the third mock test.
Exam Application Process
Here are a few steps involved in the PMI-ACP® exam application process:
- To appear for PMI-ACP® exam, you need to first go and register on the PMI® website.
- You will need to fill in a form, mentioning your general as well as the agile experience and in what projects you have worked on.
- Application can be submitted online or offline (paper-based) mode.
- The processing of online application may take 5-7 working days, while offline application process may take up to 10 to 20 days.
- After you submit the form, it goes for approval to PMI®. Once your application is approved, you can make the payment.
- Once the payment is made, PMI® sends an electronic confirmation and notification with exam scheduling instructions or it may state that your application has been selected for audit.
- It is not necessary that application gets approved every time. Your application might get stuck in audit. If this is the case, they may want you to give a detailed explanation for each of your project, where they would also ask for a signed form from your project manager that you mention in the application.
- If the application is successfully accepted, you can schedule your examination.
- If you fail once in the exam, you have two more chances to take this exam.
- This exam can only happen at a registered Prometric centre.
- The exam should be taken within one year from the date of registration.
- It is advisable to start the examination process after you have undergone your 21-hour contract program because there you are given all the information on how to fill your forms and schedule your examination.
Note: Having a prior PMP® Certification does not account for any relaxation in Agile project experience.
PMP and PMI-ACP are registered marks of Project Management Institute, Inc. Edureka is a Global PMI® REP: ID 4021
Got a question for us? Please mention them in the comments section and we will get back to you.