Automation Anywhere has been the buzzword in today’s RPA industry and is one of the most popular RPA tools. It attracts many experienced professionals who want to advance their careers by a notch. Multinational companies such as Google, Linkedln, Cisco, Dell, Genpact, Honeywell, IBM, HP, Infosys use Automation Anywhere. But there is a lack of RPA Certified professionals in the market. I believe that you already know these facts, which has made you land on this Automation Anywhere Interview Questions article.
In this article on Automation Anywhere Interview Questions, I will be discussing the top Automation Anywhere related questions asked in your interviews. So, for your better understanding I have divided this article into the following 3 sections:
So let’s get started guys!!
Automation Anywhere Interview Questions
Basic Automation Anywhere Interview Questions
This section of questions will consist of all those basic questions that you need to know related to robotic process automation and its tools.
Q1. What is the difference between Automation and RPA?
|What does it reduce?||Reduces execution time||Reduces manual workforce|
|Need for a programming knowledge||Required to create test scripts||Mostly not needed as it is wizard-driven|
|Usage||Used for QA, Production, Performance, UAT environments||Usually used in production environments|
|What does it automate?||Repetitive test cases i.e a product||Repetitive business process i.e product as well as business|
|What are the working environments?||Limited working environments||Works on a wide range of environments|
So, in layman terms what differentiates automation from RPA, is the ability of RPA to adapt to various situations. Once it is being trained to capture and interpret the actions of processes in existing applications, it can further perform actions such as manipulation, triggering responses, and also simultaneously communicate with various other systems.
Q2. What is Robotic Process Automation?
The process of automating tasks with the help of software/tools to deploy bots which will reduce the involvement of humans to perform any task is said to be Robotic Process Automation.
Over here there are mainly three terms that you need to understand i.e: Robotic, Process, and Automation. Let me explain you each of these terms one by one.
- Robotic: Entities which mimic human actions are called Robots.
- Process: Sequence of steps which lead to meaningful activity. For example, the process of making tea or your favorite dish, etc.
- Automation: Any process which is done by a robot without human intervention.
If we summarize all the terms together then, mimicking human actions to perform a sequence of steps that lead to meaningful activity, without any human intervention is known as Robotic Process Automation.
| UiPath||Automation Anywhere||Blue Prism|
|Offers Community Edition / Free Edition||Recently launched a Community Edition|| No Trial Version|
|Most Popular Tool||Less Popular than others||Popular than Automation Anywhere|
|Doesn’t require coding||Doesn’t require programming knowledge as you have activities to use for each and every functionality.||Has a functionality which allows the user to write code, but users can manage without it.|
|Has free online training and certification programs||Recently launched a certification of 50$.||Provides official certification program|
|Provides desktop, web and Citrix automation||Reasonable across all mediums.||Designed for Citrix automation for BPO.|
Q4. Can Automation Anywhere be used for testing the Agile method?
The answer is Yes. We can definitely use Automation Anywhere for testing the Agile Methodology such as in the case of Continuous Integration. However, when you have complex documentation, and when there is no need for frequently changing the needs of Agile Testing, then you cannot use Automation Anywhere.
Q5. Is Robotic Automation like screen scraping or macros?
The answer is No. Robotic Automation is a generation from old technologies like screen scraping or macros. This is because of the robots are universal application orchestrators – any application that can be used by a man can be used by a present-day robot, whether mainframe, desktop application, legacy, or even web service enabled.
Robots assemble their procedural knowledge which after some time joins with a shared library that can be re-used by some other robot or device. Applications are “read” by the robot, either through submitted APIs where they exist, through the OS before application appears, or through the screen with respect to the native application. In this case, the modern robot “reads” an application screen in context and in the same way a user does.
Q6. What is the difference between RPA and Selenium?
|Automation||Automates Business Processes||Automates Browser Applications|
- UiPath: Community version available
- Automation Anywhere: Community version available
- BluePrism: Licensed
|Where is the Task Performed?||At the Backend of the Process||On the Current Browser Page|
|Major Component Used||RPA Bots||Selenium Web Drivers|
|Level of Automation||Low-value Clerical Process||No Clerical Process|
|Life Cycle||Simple and Easy||Relatively Difficult|
|Platform Dependency||Platform Independent||Browser Platform Dependent|
|Programming Knowledge||Not Required||Required|
|Skills Required||SQL Database, Analytical Skills, Problem-Solving Ability, Managing Data, Knowledge Of The RPA Tools.||Selenium IDE (Creating a Test Suite )|
Q7. What do you know about Automation Anywhere?
Automation Anywhere is an RPA Tool whose motive is to provide its users scalable, secure and resilient services. This tool has recently launched a Community edition, to let you first explore the tool and automate tasks, and then provides you with an enterprise service.
Automation Anywhere offers better performance as it has the ability to integrate to different platforms and also scale simultaneously. This tool is meant to be used at the enterprise level and is mainly designed for solving complex issues.
Q8. Can you explain the architecture of Automation Anywhere?
Automation Anywhere follows a Distributed Architecture. Through this architecture, Centralized Management is accomplished via Automation Anywhere’ Control Room.
The architecture of this tool is mainly segregated into Bot Creators and Bot Runners. Both of these components are connected to the Control Room as you can see in the diagram below. So, let’s look into each of these components one by one.
As the name suggests Bot Creators are used to create bots. These are Desktop based applications which authenticate against an active Control Room and only have access to upload or download bots. On configuring these bots, for the control room, multiple developers can create individual tasks/bots and can execute all of them at once.
Control Room is the most important component of the architecture. It is a web server that basically controls the bots created by the Bot Creators. As Automation Anywhere focuses on Centralized Management, the Control Room offers features such as centralized user management, automation deployment, source control and provides a Dashboard.
Bot Runners are used to execute the bots. Multiple bots can be executed in parallel and cannot update or create automation. They are run time clients which are installed on windows machines and can report back the execution log status to the control room.
So, if you summarize all the three components together, then once a Developer creates a task/bot and updates on the Control Room. The Control Room can hereby schedule and execute these bots on the Bot Runners, based on the Requirements or priority.
Q9. What are the different types of bots and when are they used in Automation Anywhere?
There are mainly three different bots used in Automation Anywhere:
- IQ Bots: The IQ Bots allow the developers to add cognitive capabilities to the process. It uses cognitive capabilities to extract information from semi and unstructured data and also detects patterns so that the next time the pattern is encountered the bot knows exactly what to do.
- Task Bots: Task bots are the core of automation. These bots execute repetitive rule-based tasks that rely on structured data and are easy to build. They can execute multi-step processes around the clock with no errors
- Meta Bots: The Meta Bots have the capability of integrating dynamic link library(DLL) that can be used for back end automation. It includes GUI components which are to be used for front end automation and maximizes multi-level integration to automate processes along with Task Bots.
Q10. What are the types of recorders in Automation Anywhere?
- Screen Recorder: The Screen Recorder or the other Standard Recorder provides the easiest way to create a simple automation process. It is usually used when the task involves many mouse clicks and keyboard operations
- Smart Recorder: The Smart Recorder or the Object Recorder is the most feasible method for building tasks. It is ideal for desktop applications and captures objects such as drop-down menus, list boxes, radio buttons, check boxes and mouse clicks.
- Web Recorder: The Web-Recorder is used to perform tasks that require repetitive actions such as:
- Extracting data from multiple web pages
- Extracting data from tables on the web pages
- Filling web forms
- Task Editor: The task editor is used to process any command with the help of several commands. This editor allows you to open multiple tasks by editing them simultaneously. The task editor has components such as Commands panel, Task Actions List, Action Buttons, Error View and Variable Manager Panel, Filters.
Q11. Mention Few Benefits of Automation Anywhere.
The benefits of Automation Anywhere are as follows. You can refer to the below diagram.
- Navigates different digital landscapes: Automation Anywhere adjusts itself to the movement of icons, buttons, and user-generated events.
- Build for complexity: This tool completes processes and automates the tasks which would require 1000’s of lines of code to automate.
- Made for enterprise: It is deployed throughout an enterprise so that multiple departments can focus on processes that require human intervention
- Easy Programming: It supports the front end and does not involve complex programming. So, even non-IT professionals can work on this tool.
- Easy Integration: The tool can be easily integrated with other systems and is platform independent. So, you can integrate this tool with any platform you wish to.
- Quick Deployment: Automation Anywhere provides features like drag and drop and also have a friendly interface which help in quick deployment
Q12. What do you mean by Sikuli?
Sikuli is a tool which can be utilized for automating the web components i.e. basically the graphical UI. It uses the API, which can be utilized and can be incorporated into various systems. For example, Windows-based applications can be computerized with the assistance of Sikuli.
Q13. What are the different automation frameworks in software automation testing?
- Linear Scripting Framework: It is a basic level test automation framework which is in the form of ‘Record and Playback’ but in a linear fashion. This type of framework is mostly used to test small sized applications.
- Data-Driven Framework: It is used to create test automation scripts by passing different sets of test data. The test data which includes input expected output and a result field are stored in files like CSV files, excel files, text files, XML files, etc.
- Modular Testing Framework: Here the testers divide the application into multiple small modules and create test scripts individually. These individual test scripts are combined to make larger test scripts by using a master script to achieve the required scenarios.
- Keyword Driven Framework: In this framework, testers use a table format to define keywords or action words for each method. Based on the keywords specified in the excel sheet test, scripting is done and tests are executed.
- Hybrid Testing Framework: As the name suggests, this framework is the combination of two or more frameworks mentioned above. It attempts to leverage the strengths and benefits of other frameworks based on tester’s requirements.
Q14. What are the features of Automation Anywhere Client?
The features of Automation Anywhere Client are as you can refer from the image below:
- Logging: You can use the Log to File command to create a log file in which Task Bot/Meta Bot information can be stored
- Scheduling Task: Automation Anywhere provides a Scheduler and a Schedule Manager that you can use to run your tasks anytime you want
- Setting General Properties: You can view and edit the task’s general properties by using the General tab, once you are done creating a task.
- Using Filters: You can use the Filters bar to manage long tasks
- Sending Hotkeys: One of the distinguishing benefits of automating your tasks with Automation Anywhere is the ability to launch a task with the press of a single key
- Debugging Tasks: Automation Anywhere provides a facility that enables you to debug your more complex and longer automation tasks
- Adding Triggers: The Trigger feature enables a task to run automatically in response to an event that occurs on your computer. For example, you can use trigger when a new window opens or a specific file is created
Q15. What do you think are the reasons for not considering Manual Testing in Automation Anywhere approach?
The reasons for not considering Manual Testing in Automation Anywhere approach are as follows:
- A humongous amount of time is required to do the process manually.
- Requires lots of additional resources.
- Error-prone and thus reduce accuracy.
So, when the tasks or the projects are large and have a time constraint, then I would say, using Manual Testing for Automation Anywhere is not a wise option as it would decrease the performance of resources.
Now, next in this article we will go through the Tool Based Automation Anywhere Interview Questions.
Tool- Based Automation Anywhere Interview Questions
This section of the article will consist of questions related to the working of the tool.
Q1. What is the difference between Wait and Delay commands?
The major difference between the Wait and the Delay command relies on the parameter on when you use the command. The Wait command is used when you might want to wait for the components on the screen or the screen itself to change. The Delay command, on the other hand, is used while you are working on loops to enhance the performance of actions in a task.
Q2. What are the commands used for Error Handling Command in Automation Anywhere?
There are mainly two commands which can be used to handle errors and also debug them i.e. Begin Error Handling and End Error Handling. Also, this tool provides the following actions to help you in error handling:
- Take Snapshot: With this feature, you can take a snapshot of the screen of any error.
- Run Task: This feature is used to run any tasks when the current task faces an error.
- Log Data Into File: This feature logs the error into a file.
- Send Email: This feature is used to send an email when an error happens.
- Variable Assignment: This feature is used to specify a value to be assigned and set tasks depending on the action.
Q3. What do you understand by predefined variables in Automation Anywhere?
The Pre-defined variables are system variables that are provided by Automation Anywhere to automate tasks. The different pre-defined variables are as you can see in the below image:
To check the pre-defined variables, go to the Variable Manager on the right-hand side of the task pane and click on the Show System Variables. This will open the system variables. Refer to the example below to understand how you can use these variables.
Let us try using a pre-defined variable Clipboard. To do that, use the Web Recorder from the workbench and follow the below steps:
Step 1: Mention the URL and then click on Start. Refer below.
Step 2: Once you click on Start, the mentioned URL will open in Internet Explorer.
Step 3: Now, choose the option of Extract Data and choose whether you want to extract regular data or pattern-based data. Refer below.
Step 4: Now click on what data you wish to extract. Refer below.
Step 5: Once you click on the data you wish to extract, a dialog box opens up. In the dialog box which opens up, choose the Clipboard variable in the section of extract control value to a variable. Then click on Save.
Step 6: Now, add a Message box into your task pane and add the Clipboard variable to display the output by clicking on Ctrl + F2. Refer below.
Step 7: Execute the task. Once you execute the task you will see that extracted text is displayed as output in the message box.
Q4.What are the different ways to schedule a task?
There are two ways to schedule a task: Scheduler & Schedule Manager.
Scheduling a task using Scheduler
- Select the task that you want to schedule
- Click the schedule tab on the main Automation Anywhere window
- Set the scheduling information for time and date
- Click on Save
- To add more scheduled times, click the Add button
Scheduling a task using Schedule Manager
To launch the scheduler manager:
- In the main Automation Anywhere window, click on the ‘Schedule Manager’ tab on the lower left side or click on ‘Tools -> Schedule Manager’ on the menu bar. Refer below.
To add a schedule, click on Add. Then you can select the task you want to schedule.
Q5. How to automate Windows Tasks using Actions in Automation Anywhere?
To automate windows tasks using actions you have to choose the Windows Actions activity from the Activity pane. Now if you wish to,
Resize a window :
- Click on the Capture button, and draw a rectangle around the desired dimensions of the window using the mouse. After that save your task and execute it. You would see that your window has been resized.
Get Active Window Title:
- Use when a window title which needs to be assigned to a variable and is also required during the automation. Then save your task and execute it. You would see that your active window title has been extracted.
Q6. What is the process of using the OCR command for Image Recognition?
The process of using an OCR command for Image Recognition are as follows:
- Specify an image which can be a window also.
- Select the OCR Engine (Default is TESSERACT) and set a threshold amount to determine OCR accuracy
- Then assign the extracted text value in a variable
Q7. How to copy an Excel cell and move to the next cell in your record?
To copy an Excel cell and move to the next cell in your record you can do the following:
To copy the data into the cell use Keystrokes as below:
[F2][HOME][SHIFT DOWN][END][SHIFT UP][CTRL DOWN]c[CTRL UP].
Now to move the cursor to the next cell after copying the data into the present cell, use the following keystroke:
ENTER + TAB.
Here, use ENTER to move a row down in the same column as the present cell and TAB to move to the next cell RIGHT in the same row.
Q8. How to create timestamps for your files using Automation Anywhere system variables?
As you can refer from question 3 in this section, the system variables are pre-defined variables in this Automation Anywhere and below are a few other system variables.
Now, you can combine the above variables to create a timestamp of your own choice as below:
To append Year, Month, Day at the end of the word Example, you can write the command as below:
To include text characters between the variables:
To create a complete timestamp with date and time, you can write:
NOTE: To configure the format of Date variable. Choose Tools -> Variable Manager -> System Variable -> Date.
Q9. How to paste data in an application and move to the next item?
To paste data in an application and move to the next item you have to follow the below process.
- Identify the element which you wish to copy and use the keystroke [CTRL DOWN] + [CTRL UP]
- Now, to move to the next item using the TAB key to move from the highlighted item to the next item.
- Use the RIGHT ARROW to move to the next cell in the same row but a different column of a table.
NOTE: Some applications also support using the Space bar to move to the next control or button.
Q10. How to use the String Operation Commands in Automation Anywhere?
You can use the String operation commands in Automation Anywhere to perform various actions such as below:
- Lower Case
To compare two strings:
Step 1: Create two variables in the variable manager and assign them a string. Here I have assigned the variables string1 and string2 with the following strings:
string1 -> Hi from edureka
string2 -> Welcome from edureka
Step 2: Now drag the Compare command from the String Operation activity to your workbench.
Step 3: In the dialog box which opens up mention the variable names by clicking on CTRL + F2 in the string 1 and string 2 boxes. Refer below.
Step 4: Now add a message box and mention the output variable to display the output.
Step 5: Execute the task. You will see that the strings will be compared and the output will be given as FALSE.
Q11. What do you understand by System Variables $CurrentDirectory$, $FolderName$ and $FileName$?
The system variables are used with commands Loop for Folders in a folder or Loop for Files in a folder.
Consider a command in the task – “Loop for Folders in a <folder>”. Here the <folder> is the specified folder on which the Loop will execute. Its full path is available at execution time by the system variable “$CurrentDirectory$”.
If <folder> has ‘n’ number of folders, the loop will be executed ‘n’ times. Each time the $FolderName$ variable will have the next folder’s name inside the specified folder.
Now if the task is like “Loop for Files in a <folder>”. Then $FileName$ will represent the next file name inside the specified folder. Outside the loop $CurrentDirectory$, $FolderName$ and $FileName$ doesn’t have any usage.
Q12. When are triggers used in Automation Anywhere?
Triggers are used in Automation Anywhere to:
- Launch the manager by clicking on the Triggers in the main window.
- To add, delete or edit triggers provided by the features.
- To enable/disable or triggers.
Q13. Mention the command to launch a website.
The command to launch a website is: Launch Website Activity.
You simply have to drag the Launch Website and mention the URL. Then, check in the box if you wish to open the website in the new tab of the existing window or new window.
Q14. How can we read CSV Files through Automation Anywhere?
The command to open a CSV file or a text file by providing the location of the file is OPEN PROGRAM/FILE. Now, use the READ CSV/ TEXT FILE command to read a CSV file.
Q15. Is it possible to read PDF through Automation Anywhere?
Yes, it is possible to read PDF through Automation Anywhere. The command is PDF Integration. This command is used to read PDF of single or multiple pages, extract values, merge two PDF documents and many more.
Q16. Can you brief about PGP?
PGP is used to ENCRYPT / DECRYPT files or Create Keys by assigning the PASSPHRASE.
Q17. Which commands are not recommended to use if the application offers full support of objects for automation and is local?
- Insert Mouse click
- Insert Mouse scroll
- Insert Mouse Move
Q18. What is the best way to open an application as part of a task in Automation Anywhere?
There are two ways to open an application in a task:
- Either double-click the application icon on the desktop, when you want to record the task.
- Or click on the Start Menu -> Go To Programs -> Select the application.
Now, just in case the location of these icons change, then it will definitely result in an error when you are trying to execute the task. To avoid errors, you can follow the below steps:
- First, open the task in the Task Editor.
- Then select the actions which might involve several mouse clicks and moves
- Delete those actions and replace them with single-line commands. Here you will use the Open Program/File command and specify the path to the application.
- The task will now open an application, regardless of where the icon is located.
Q19. How to resolve the problem of not able to view the run button in Automation Anywhere?
To resolve the problem of not able to view the run button in Automation Anywhere, you can follow the below steps:
- Request Create Task permissions from your Server Administrator to procure adequate permissions.
- The Administrator grants the Create Task privilege using the Enterprise Control Room, in the Client Control Center, using the Client Information section.
- For Upload, Download, Delete, and View privileges for a particular folder on the server, request Access Control List permissions from the Enterprise Control Room.
- After the Access Control List is updated in the Client Control Center and the Create Task privilege is granted, the client must re-login.
- The client should now be able to communicate with the server using the new privileges.
Q20. How to set email setting and SMTP server in Automation Anywhere?
To set the email and SMTP server in Automation Anywhere, go to the Client Room and then go to tools. In the tools, you will find an option for email notifications. Over there, fill all details such as Host, port No, User ID, Password, etc.
Now, next in this article we will go through the Scenario-Based Automation Anywhere Interview Questions.
Scenario-Based Automation Anywhere Interview Questions
This section of the article will consist of questions based on different scenarios where Automation Anywhere can be used.
Q1. Consider a scenario, wherein you had to query the system for new orders manually and validate the order purchased to apply the relevant prices and discounts. Now, obviously, this procedure seems to be quite tedious, time taking and prone to errors, as the manual workforce has to constantly log in to the system.
What do you think will be the process workflow to resolve this issue with Automation Anywhere?
The flow created for automation can be created as follows:
- The system can first extract the data from the customer database and checks for the new purchase orders.
- Then once, a purchase order gets downloaded it is immediately pushed into the legacy system.
- After that, an agent can keep an eye on the process and manually validates the order for maintaining accuracy.
- Finally, Automation Anywhere can be used to upload the purchase into a database and then discounts can be automatically applied.
- Later on, agents cross-check the fulfilled order and ensure quality control.
Q2. Consider a company which provides banking services to customers in many countries. The company’s’ focus was to develop a virtual workforce that combined cognitive, analytic, human and robotic capabilities to enhance the customer experience and simultaneously automate monotonous tasks and also increase the efficiency.
How will the company achieve its goals?
By using Automation Anywhere, the company can automate hundreds of processes with the help of bots. This would increase the efficiency of automating back office process and also reduce the time of serving customers.
Q3. Consider a scenario where a multi-national company is facing challenges such as maintaining regular compliance, not able to have role-based access control as every different type of users has different levels of access. Also, consider that this firm has just migrated from basic Robotic Process Automation to machine learning and optical character recognition (OCR) technologies.
How do you think this the firm can resolve this issue?
Well, the Bot Insight product of Automation Anywhere is the right solution to such kind of a scenario. The Bot Insight is designed to create role-based access controls for each category of user, and can also give the company visibility into the overall bot lifecycle. This will help the company in strategic planning and allows the company to meet the standards in the market.
Q4. Consider a scenario where an employee has to deal with unsatisfied customers. Now, in a company such as Swiggy or Zomato, there might be situations where they might be dealing with 1000s’ of unsatisfied customers at the same instance of time.
How do you think, you can reduce the load on the manual workforce to handle so many unsatisfied customers together?
Now, to reduce the load of manual workforce you can design bots in Automation Anywhere, to suggest questions for the agent which can be asked to the customer and also, gather information simultaneously. With the help of cognitive capabilities, the bot can then further recommendations for the next best actions to be taken. So, in such a way a bot can make sure that the employee provides a better service, and can also keep the interaction with the customer aligned to the guidelines of the company. Refer to the diagram below.
Q5. Consider a health insurance company which aims to automate its back-office process with a tool which fits easily into the design of the organization and provides ease of deployment with client application architecture.
How do you think the company can automate its back-office process with the tool?
A health insurance company must focus on automating the following three tasks:
- Member enrollment process
- Test to check commercial claims
- Build healthcare products
Member enrollment process:
If previously 90% of the member enrollment data had to be manually entered into ‘n’ different products lines toggling between a various number of applications, this could be simplified with Automation Anywhere by implementing a two-step solution as follows:
- Converting the XML data into an electronic application
- Then, enabling data entry from the electronic enrollment applications into the system.
Test to check commercial claims
The test to check commercial claims can be very tedious if it doesn’t get automated. So, it can be automated in two phases:
- Phase 1: Automate the screen capture process,
- Phase 2: Automate the testing process of claims.
Build healthcare products
The process of building a package under a pre-defined insurance plan can be highly time-consuming taking up to the maximum time for building an individual package. Automation Anywhere can automate this process by collecting all the required information from various spreadsheets. Now, to validate the collected information, bots can match the extracted information to the business rules and once validated can enter the details in the application. After this, the application can be updated.
Q6. Consider a scenario where an employee’s sole job is to extract data from an application, generate reports, validate those reports, and finally update the data into the database.
Can you elaborate on the process of automating this task?
An employee can trigger a bot via hotkey to collect data from multiple systems. Then the employee can check for the generated results, and then finally generate a report. After validating the report, update the data into the database and this will end your task.
Q7. Consider a scenario where a leading manufacturer of mining and the construction equipment is facing challenges with its supply chain management which included long processes, processes prone to errors, and lengthy error detection’s.
How do you think the manufacturer can resolve this issue and simultaneously ensure that the costs are reduced, the customer experience is improved along with the operational efficiency to increase.
From the above question, it is clear that the clients’ motive is to establish the flexibility of technology support, provide enterprise-grade quality, increase the speed of deployment of product and provide training and licensing models. So, Automation Anywhere is one such RPA Tool which can cater to all the needs of the client.
Now, the process which can be automated are as follows:
- Sales orders: The bots can automate the process of searching the sales order in a system, check all the details related to orders, update the data in the application and also notify the user that whether the task is completed or not.
- Operations related to transportation: The activities such as identifying recent failures, extracting the reason for failure and finally notifying the related teams via emails to resolve can be automated using various activities in Automation Anywhere.
- Tickets related shipments: The bots can automatically create a ticket related to the customer query, and once the ticket has been resolved an email can be sent to the respective client.
Q8. Consider a scenario wherein the employee sole job is to check for a claim which a customer might me asking and approve it if satisfies the guidelines.
How do you think you can automate this task?
Well, you can automate this task by using the Automation Anywhere Client. You can create a workflow as below.
An employee can trigger a bot via hotkey to collect data from multiple sources. Then the system will auto approve the claims which satisfy the guidelines. Later on the employee can look for any exceptions found and resolve the same. If there are no exceptions found then, this will end your task.
Q9. Consider a company which delivers hardware and software solutions to the world’s largest corporations. Now this company had a manual process which involved more than 100’s of employees working to validate orders against their validations. This process required manual creation of templates for a customer order form and this will be quite error-prone.
How do you think the company can automate this process to avoid the manual creation of templates and also reduce errors?
The company can automate the processing of unstructured data with the help of IQ Bots. The IQ Bots allow the developers to add cognitive capabilities to the process. It uses cognitive capabilities to extract information from semi and unstructured data and also detects patterns so that the next time the pattern is encountered the bot knows exactly what to do. With IQ Bots, the company can ensure satisfied customers, and improve troubleshooting.
Q10. Consider a scenario where an organization offers a wide range of health and social programs. Now, to provide aid to the administration the organization can use supporting documents to qualify various assistance programs.
Now, the main challenge the organization faced is how to get two specific programs to communicate with each other automatically. Obviously, if this had to be done without automation, then an employee would take information from relevant forms, look for the supporting documents in a different system. After that, the agent would verify the information and provide it to the applying individual.
This seems quite tedious, isn’t it? So, how do you think the company might have resolved this problem.
Well, with the help of Automation Anywhere you can build up a solution to bridge the gap. An employee can get all the required information from the Documents Library and then launch the verification process with the help of hotkeys in Automation Anywhere. Also, you can design a workflow to open forms on the employee’s screen, identify the relevant documents, gather those documents from the document library for the employee, and then the employee can use this documents to provide the information to clients. Refer to the diagram below.
Q11. Consider a scenario where you wish to move 100’s of files in a folder to another folder.
What will be the steps to do so?
Step 1: Open the Automation Anywhere Client and go to the Files/Folders activity. Now, choose the Copy Files action and drag it to your workspace.
Step 2: Over here choose the option Folder since we wish to move a folder from a source path to the destination path.
Step 3: Then mention the source path in the Source File section and the Destination path in the Destination path section. Refer below.
Step 4: Execute the task. Once you execute the task you will see that files present in a folder in the source path will be moved to the destination path.
Q12. Consider a scenario where you wish to automate the task of writing text into a notepad file.
What will be the steps to perform this task?
Step 1: Open the Automation Anywhere Client and drag and drop your insert keystrokes command.
Step 2: Type in your text that you want to display on note pad using the keystrokes. In the below snapshot I have used ENTER, CAPS LOCK keystroke. Refer below.
Step 3: Execute the task. Once you execute the task, you will see the text is automatically mentioned.
Q13. Consider a scenario where you have to merge data from many PDF documents into a single PDF document.
How do you think you can do this?
Step 1: Open the Automation Anywhere Client and go to the PDF Integration activity. From this activity choose the Merge Documents command. Drag this command to the workbench.
Step 2: In the dialog box that opens up, choose the Add option and choose all the documents you want to merge.
Step 3: Once all the files are chosen, mention the path of the output file which will consist of all the merged documents and check-in the box of Overwrite again. Refer below.
Step 4: Execute the task. Once you execute the task you will see that all the chosen PDF documents will be merged into a single document.
Q14. Consider a scenario where an employee wants to perform various windows actions such as opening a window, closing a window, resizing a window.
What are the commands used to perform this action?
Step 1: Open the Automation Anywhere Client and go to the Windows Actions. From this activity choose the Close Window command. Drag this command to the workbench.
Step 2: In the dialog box that opens up, select the window which you want to close. Click on Save. Refer below.
Step 3: Execute the task. Once you execute the task you will see that the window has been closed.
Q15. Consider a scenario wherein you want to capture an area of the screen.
What are the commands used to perform this action?
Step 1: Open the Automation Anywhere Client and go to the Screen Capture activity. From this activity choose the Capture Area command. Drag this command to the workbench.
Step 2: Select the window and then drag your mouse over the area you wish to capture.
Step 3: Mention the image location and choose the option to overwrite File. Refer below.
Step 4: Execute the task. Once you execute the task you will see that the window has been closed.
Automation Anywhere Interview Questions | Edureka
This session on Automation Anywhere Interview Questions will cover the Basic Interview Questions, Tool – Based Interview Questions and Scenario Based Interview Questions
So, folks! With this, we come to an end of this article on Automation Anywhere Interview Questions. If you wish to give a jump start, to your career as an RPA Developer, then starting learning RPA and it’s various Tools.
We at edureka, offer Robotic Process Automation Training using UiPath. Edureka is a trusted online learning company with a network of more than 250,000 satisfied learners spread across the globe. This training will help you gain deep knowledge in Robotic Process Automation and hands-on experience in UiPath.
Got a question for us? Please mention it in the comments section of this Automation Anywhere Interview Questions and we will get back to you.