I believe you now have a good understanding of what is DevOps and how it works. In this post, I will explain you how to create an impressive DevOps resume to get your dream DevOps job. Never forget that you only have one opportunity to make the first impression in front of the recruiters with your resume, so make sure you make the best use of it.
The challenge of life, I have found, is to build a resume that doesn’t simply tell a story about what you want to be, but it’s a story about who you want to be. – Oprah Winfrey.
I would suggest you to go through the following blogs to understand DevOps and the skills required to become a successful DevOps Engineer:
It will only be fair if I show you a couple of DevOps engineer job descriptions before I explain how a DevOps Engineer resume looks like.
DevOps Engineer Job Description:
Key takeaways from the Job Description:
A DevOps Engineer should possess the following skill set:
- Good hands-on knowledge of Source Code Management (Version Control System) tools like Git and Subversion
- Proficient in developing Continuous Integration/ Delivery pipelines
- Experience with automation/ integration tools like Jenkins
- Knowledge of major cloud service providers, like AWS, Azure etc.
- Good understanding of Infrastructure as Code (Programmable Infrastructure), and how you can achieve that by using tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible etc.
- Hands-on knowledge of software containerization platforms like Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes and Docker Swarm
Now, let us create a sample DevOps engineer resume, you can alter it based on your experience and the job requirement.